- Advanced freestyle stroke technique correction methods. Identification of underlying issues in a swimmer's stroke technique and best practise to correct. This covers all levels of swimmer from beginner to elite.
- Detailed discussion of each component of the freestyle stroke. A modern perspective on what is considered ideal for distance freestyle at different levels of competition.
- An appreciation of the effectiveness of different styles of different swimmers and in what direction to lead individual swimmers.
- In depth insight into our coaching system which allows coaches to quickly understand a swimmer's style of swimming - and the fundamental technique issues and personalities behind each style.
- Developing a swimmer's catch and feel for the water. Detailed discussion of why this is so hard to do and different approaches for different levels of swimmer.
- Observation skills on the pooldeck. How to spot underlying stroke technique issues that are easily missed.
- Live stroke correction sessions with volunteer swimmers during the course.
- How to use stroke rate to optimise your swimmer's efficiency in the water.
- Best practise video analysis of swimmers - equipment to use, best practise filming techniques and analysis of footage.
- Improving the effectiveness of your communication with athletes.
- How to coach and improve the stroke technique of those swimmers who never seem to improve.
- What to do with swimmers who have seemingly perfect technique.
- Running a squad program and best practise structure and training sessions to develop your swimmers.
- Using Critical Swim Speed (CSS) to develop the sustainable threshold of your swimmers and to encourage better pacing technique for distance events.
- The course has a main focus on distance freestyle coaching of adult swimmers and triathletes but will touch on the other three strokes, sprint, junior and elite coaching.
THIS FORM IS DISABLED UNTIL THE NEXT COACH ED COURSES ARE ANNOUNCED.
If you would like to register your future interest with us, please join our Coaches Network and make a note on the form you're interested in the 3 Day Course.
Swim Smooth Coach Education Course Application Form
By completing this form you are confirming your desire to attend the course, pay the course fee and confirm your availability on the course dates.