Swim Smooth Open Water Skills Evening
August 6th 2012
- be coached by Swim Smooth at Heron Lake, West London
THIS EVENING HAS NOW TAKEN PLACE! JOIN THE SWIM SMOOTH BLOG TO FIND OUT ABOUT FUTURE SWIM SMOOTH EVENTS: www.feelforthewater.com
Swim Smooth's Paul Newsome and Adam Young will be across from Australia and running a special Open Water Skills evening at Heron Lake, West London on Monday August 6th. This is the perfect opportunity to get direct coaching from Paul and Adam on your swimming at this fantastic open water swimming venue.
The evening is being run in conjunction with HUUB wetsuits and Heron lake. We hope (but can't promise at this stage) to have a limited number of wetsuits available to test on the evening.
Swim Smooth Heron Lake Open Water Evening, Monday 6th August: £40
The evening will run from approximately 5:30 to 9:15pm and include:
- A special Swim Smooth seminar on improving your performances in open water.
- A coached open water skills session to improve your sighting technique, drafting skills and ability to swim straight.
- Correct wetsuit fitting demonstration (this can make a surprising difference to how well you swim in your suit).
- Mindset tips and strategies for better racing.
- Special guests and demonstration swims by elite triathletes including super-fish Harry Wiltshire.
- Test what you've learnt in a mini-race! Estimate your 400m or 1500m time and then complete the respective race distance without a watch on. The male and female swimmers closest to their estimated time win a special prize!
- We hope to have a limited number of HUUB wetsuits available to test on the evening, subject to test suit availability.
Just like our stroke correction clinics this event will fill up very quickly. The event is strictly limited to 50 swimmers and you need to bring all swimming equipment including a wetsuit. Please bring your family and friends to watch, additional entries to the lake are £5.
(in the shopping cart, select any shipping destination and zero charge will be added)
About Heron Lake
Beautiful Heron Lake
Heron Lake is the most established open water training facility in the south of England attracting up to 600 swimmers a week during the summer, encouraging more of us to get open water swimming.
The lake features a waterside cafe and barbecue - perfect for a lovely summer evening!
This will be a one off opportunity to attend a Swim Smooth session in the fresh waters of the lake, conveniently situated on the edge of the M25 motorway for easy access. For more details on the lake and directions visit: www.openwaterswimminguk.co.uk